Food security means more than simply having enough.
Food waste might go away—but hunger won't.
Our food system is failing.
- Too many families are unable to access healthy food on a consistent basis.
- People of color, low-income, rural and tribal communities are especially neglected.
- Almost 30 million people live in low-income areas with limited supermarket access.
Our safety net is under threat.
- Industry is getting a clue when it comes to managing waste—and that's leaving food banks struggling to fill growing demand.
- Our latest Farm Bill cut SNAP significantly—and it's not looking up for 2018.
- Not to mention that 1 in 4 eligible SNAP participants aren't enrolled.
It's time to imagine our New food system.
- We need resources that don't just feed those with the most need, but help communities stretch their food dollars further and make healthy food shopping possible for everyone.
- Communities can manage their own food system and create markets that welcome and support everyone.