Our Mission & Vision
To support students in creating community-based food distribution programs by providing resources and mentorship.
We envision our New food system, where Community Food Security (CFS) is a reality nationwide.
CFS is traditionally defined as:
Our Network focuses on providing support to college students and institutions of higher education. Reasons for this focus:
- They are a great community resource.
- Institutions are powerful, and that power is potential.
- Students make really good connectors across community assets.
- Education is changing.
- Students are looking for ways to go beyond their campus for their education.
- Academia is trending towards applied and experiential learning, social entrepreneurship, and food systems. We need outlets and proven models to make the most of this new energy.
- College students are showing inspiring interest and energy in food issues.
- They want to do something good for the world—and they want to start now.
- To get hired, students need more than a degree. They need experience and leadership skills.